The Suppression List allows users to create and control an account-level Suppression List.
When sending Campaigns, use the Suppression List to exclude a list of recipients you do not want to receive messages. The Suppression List only applies when a user chooses to apply it in a Campaign's Filtering Settings.
Things to Note about an Account Suppression List
- JangoMail users can create only one (1) Suppression List per JangoMail account.
- Your account's Suppression List is not automatically used when sending messages and campaigns through JangoMail.
- The Suppression List is ONLY applied when you choose to apply it in a Campaign's Filtering Settings.
- The Suppression List cannot be selected as a list to send Campaigns, but only used as a list to filter against.
How to Create an Account Suppression List
- Go to Lists
- Click the ADD A LIST button
- In the pop-up, type a list name
- To specify as your account's Suppression List, click to enable Suppression list
- Optionally, select 1 or all default fields you would like automatically added to your list
- Type a field name to specify additional fields
- Click CREATE LIST
- To add email addresses to your Suppression List:
- To add one email address at a time > click ADD A MEMBER
- To import a list > in the Toolbar under MEMBERS > click Import Members
The Suppression List will appear in red text in your Lists:
Note: An existing list may be saved as your account's Suppression List. To specify an existing list as a Suppression List, open the List > in the Toolbar go to Settings > check to enable Suppression list > click SAVE LIST SETTINGS
If you attempt to send a Campaign to a Suppression List, the Campaign will not send and an error will immediately appear in the JangoMail interface: