How to Add Fields
- Navigate to Lists and click on the name of your list
- Click on Fields in the toolbar
- Click ADD A FIELD
- Fill in the pop-up box with your desired information and click SAVE
Note: EmailAddress is automatically populated by the system and will not appear on this tab as an editable field.
Click to Edit each field. This is the blue icon that looks like a pencil . By default, JangoMail creates fields for EmailAddress, Submission_Date, and Modified. Field names must start with a letter and may not include spaces or punctuation characters, as this can cause errors in the database.
First Name and Last Name are very common pieces of data to collect. Field Names are like the column headings of a spreadsheet. They label the data you will be storing there. Additional field possibilities are City, State, Client ID, and more.
By default, a field is created as a text box with a generic field name. When you edit a field, you can change:
- Field Name. This serves as the field header and is used for personalization.
- Friendly Name. This is displayed on opt-in forms and list modification pages.
- Field Type. This is set to Text Box by default but can be set to several other types that will display on the opt-in form and list modification pages. Learn more about available field types.
- Choices. This section remains blank for Text Box type fields, but will hold options when using Pulldown, Radio Buttons, or Checkbox field types.
- Show to member. Checking this box determines if users can see this field on the opt-in form and list modification pages. Unchecking this box will allow you to store and maintain information in this field that will not be visible to your users.
- Required. When set, users will not be able to complete the sign up form without filling out this field.
If you will be using the list modification page or the website opt-in form, make your list more dynamic by learning how to change a field type to pull down lists, radio buttons, checkbox, and large comment boxes.