Provide your list members the option to update their own profiles on your JangoMail list.
- How Update Member Profile Works
- How to Customize the Update Member Profile Option
- How to Add the Update Member Profile Link to your Campaigns
- How to Add the List Member Profile Deletion Link
How Update Member Profile Works
When you send an email campaign to a list that you host within JangoMail, you have the option to include a link where subscribers can change the list fields you specify, such as email address, company, and name.
When a recipient clicks the link, it will take them to a webpage that gives them the ability to edit their information.
If you're already using a JangoMail Opt-In Form, your members will be able to edit all the fields you "show" on your website opt-in form. If you're not using a JangoMail Opt-In Form, you can still specify which fields are shown to your members. For more information on editing fields, read here.
Note: The list member profile modification link will only apply to the list the campaign has been sent to. If you have members that belong to multiple lists, you may:
- Send the campaign to those multiple lists so that the recipient will be given the choice to modify each profile (the "prevent duplicate email addresses" setting must be turned off). If "prevent duplicate email addresses" is not turned off, JangoMail will randomly choose which list profile is updated.
- Send a separate campaign to each list.
How to Customize the Update Member Profile Option
Option 1) Basic Customization with your Company Logo
If you would like to personalize how these default pages appear, you can provide your company logo. To add your logo, go to Settings > Account > Company Logo > and specify a URL for your company logo.
Option 2) Customize with your Website
You can create custom pages on your website and redirect members to your custom web pages. To add your custom web pages, go to your List > click on on SETTINGS, and specify a Modification redirect URL and/or Deletion redirect URL and/or Custom HTML template for List Member modification form.
How to Add the Update Member Profile Link to your Campaigns
To add the link, use Insert Content in the Message Editor. This will show you a drop down that will contain an option to insert: List member profile modification link. It will insert the text "Click here to modify your profile".
How to Add the List Member Profile Deletion Link
You can additionally provide the an option for a recipient to delete themselves from a particular list. This would appear in addition to the option to unsubscribe, as every email is still required to include the unsubscribe link.