Here's a list of frequently asked message-related questions:
- How do I know when my campaign has been sent?
- How do I stop my campaign from sending?
- My campaign says "ERROR" next to the subject line. Why?
- How do I change my CAN-SPAM footer?
- I want to move the unsubscribe link to a different place in my email. How do I do that?
- Can I embed a video in my email?
- How can I spread out or throttle my campaign?
- I clicked Send but I'm not able to send emails. Why isn't my campaign sending?
- I made a mistake! Can I edit my campaign after I click send?
- How can I tell if my message has been received?
- Is there a limit for subject lines?
How do I know when my campaign has been sent?
Once your email campaign has been sent, if you are the master login and have notifications set up you will receive an email alerting you that the message has completed sending. Also, you can check the Reports section of your account at any time to see the current status of any email campaigns you have sent.
How do I stop my campaign from sending?
Campaigns that have been scheduled for sending, currently preprocessing, or currently sending, can be paused. Hit pause in the message confirmation pop-up or go to Reports > Open Report Dashboard. If the campaign is still in the process of preprocessing and/or sending, a pause button will be available in the Tools column for that campaign. More details here.
My campaign says "ERROR" next to the subject line. Why?
When a campaign is ready to send, it may experience an error due to one of the following reasons:
- Over quota. If you are near your limit of email messages and your campaign would have exceeded that limit, it may have been halted. Check your usage in the My Account section to see if you are near your limit.
- Embedded images. JangoMail does not support embedded images via base64 encoding.
- List error. An incorrect line in a list could cause the campaign to error. This could be spaces in the email address line or a record that has multiple addresses when it should only have one.
Please feel free to contact support if these do not seem to fit your situation.
How do I change my CAN-SPAM footer?
I want to move the unsubscribe link to a different place in my email. How do I do that?
All emails sent out from JangoMail must include your physical address and your account's unique unsubscribe link. Both are included in the default CAN-SPAM footer in your account which JangoMail will automatically add to the bottom of every message. Alternatively, if you want to move the unsubscribe link to the top of your message or inside a template you have created, you can manually insert this unique link. This unsubscribe link must be very clear to your recipients. Phrasing options include: "Unsubscribe"; "Click here to unsubscribe"; "Click here to avoid receiving future email from us".
|v4 Editor:||v3 (TinyMCE) Editor:|
Can I embed a video in my email?
Most email clients cannot display videos in email and will instead strip out that code. However, you can easily create the feeling of a video by taking a screengrab of your video, using an image program such as Photoshop to superimpose a play button overtop, saving it, then uploading it to your Files as an image. When you insert the image into your message, create a hyperlink to the page where you host your video. When your recipients click on the image, they will be taken straight to your video!
How can I spread out or throttle my campaign?
I clicked Send but I'm not able to send emails. Why isn't my campaign sending?
This question often comes up with free trials which have a sending limit of 500 email messages. There are two major possibilities:
- First, ensure that you have clicked the Activation link in the Welcome email you received from us. In order to enable your sending, you must click that link. If you didn't receive that email, contact our support team for help.
- If you have already clicked your Activation link or you are already a paid account, your campaign may have exceeded your account limits. Check how many messages total you have sent by going to the My Account section in the upper right hand corner of your screen and clicking on the Usage tab. If your total recipient count for your campaign is more than the amount of messages you have left, the campaign was stopped before it exceeded your limit.
I made a mistake! Can I edit my campaign after I click send?
There may be times when it is necessary to pause a campaign that's already been sent (or is scheduled for sending) and make changes to the message. The safest way to ensure that your updated message is sent to your recipients is to Copy the Campaign.
On your Broadcast Message Reports dashboard, click the pause icon in the Tools column for that campaign.
Then go to the Messages section and click the blue folder icon to Copy the Campaign. In the resulting popup, leave all aspects selected and click Yes. Make the necessary changes on following screen and click Send.
How can I tell if my message has been received?
To see if a specific recipient has received your message, click on the 'Reports' tab, and click 'Open Report Dashboard' under 'Broadcast Message Reports'. Click on the number in the recipients column for the campaign you wish to review, and find the email address you want to check. Click the 'SMTP Log' link for the specific recipient you wish to check, and you'll be able to see the raw logs for our sending attempt to the recipient. If the last line (or one of the last few lines) includes a message like "250 - Message accepted for delivery", then your message has been delivered. This code may vary depending on your recipient's email server, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us!
Is there a limit for subject lines?
Subject lines must be 190 characters or less. If your subject line is too long, you will get an error after clicking Send: "Please fix the following errors before we can proceed: Sorry but your Email Subject is too long. Please enter a Subject that is 190 characters or less."