Recurring Messages are automated emails that REGULARLY send based on a scheduled date and time, to an entire list or a segment of your list. (Such as Automated monthly Account Balance emails.)
Creating Recurring Messages involves several steps.
- Create the email message
- Decide who to send to
- Send the very first message
- Setup the Recurring Schedule
How to Create Recurring Messages
These steps are listed in more detail below.
Step 1: Create the message that you will use as a Recurring Message
- Navigate to the Campaigns section
- Click the New Message icon and choose how you would like to create your message
- Click the From tab, enter a Display Name and From Address that represents your organization
- Leave the To Lists tab set to no lists selected (for now)
- Type in a subject line and the content of the message and Save
You can then add a Tag, to help identify your Recurring Messages in Campaigns.
Step 2: Decide who to send to
If you are sending to a full list, with no segmentation, move to Step 3. If sending to a segment of a list, or Web Database Connection, follow these steps, which will carry into Step 3.
For Segmented Lists
- Navigate to the Lists tab > click the name of the list that you wish to filter
- Under the Quick Links toolbar, click the Filter button
- Filter your list
- Click Email These Members
- This will take you directly to Campaigns. Proceed to Step 3
For Web Database Connections
- Go to Databases
- Create a New Database or connect to a current Database Connection
- This will take you to Campaigns. Proceed to Step 3
Step 3: Send your first message
- Copy the campaign that you created in Step 1 to use
- Deselect the following options: 1) Copy recipient data and 2) Copy sending schedule
- Review your content, From Address, and Settings
- If you will be updating your list or Web Database in between recurring sends, and want those new members to be sent to, you will want to turn on the setting Get fresh data before sending found on the Schedule tab in Messages. You will have to schedule your message for later, but that can still be used to send practically ASAP. Just set the time for 1 minute in the future
- Send the message
Step 4: Set the Recurring Schedule
- Go to Automations
- Select Recurring Messages
- Click CREATE A NEW RECURRING MESSAGE
- Set up your Message, Description, First Send Date, Send Frequency, Stop Date/Time
Message to recur: This is the email that you have sent in Step 3
Friendly Description: This is the label you give your Recurring Message. You will only see this in your account
Send first message on: This will be the date you want JangoMail to send the first Recurring Message on. This should NOT be today's date, as you have already sent today in Step 3
Then send every: This will determine how often you want the message to be sent. It will always be sent at the time that was specified in the section for "Send first message on"
Don't send after: This is where you would set a stop date. This is not required, and can be left blank
What is the difference between Autoresponders and Recurring Messages?
Autoresponders are sent based on the join time for a member in your list. (Such as welcome emails when joining a list.)
Recurring Messages are sent based on a scheduled date and time, to an entire list or a segment of your list. (Such as Automated monthly Account Balance emails.)
|Sharpen your knowledge and skill set with these other tools from JangoMail.|